Comment on page
MetaMask is a cryptocurrency wallet used to interact with several blockchains, including Ethereum. It can be accessed through a mobile app or browser extension.
- 1.Download MetaMask. Choose your preferred browser or mobile application and install the MetaMask extension. MetaMask supports iOS and Android native apps, along with browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Brave and Edge.
- 2.Click on the MetaMask extension in your web browser or mobile device and click on Get Started.
- 3.Click on Create a Wallet and follow the prompts.
- 4.Create a strong password for your wallet.
- 5.Click on "Click here to reveal secret words" to show the seed phrase. MetaMask requires that you store your seed phrase in a safe place. It is the only way to recover your funds should your device crash or your browser reset. We recommend you write it down. The most common method is to write your 12-word phrase on a piece of paper and store it safely in a place where only you have access.
- 6.Confirm your secret backup phrase by clicking on each word in the order in which the words were presented on the previous screen. Click on "Confirm" to proceed.
If you lose your seed phrase, MetaMask cannot help you recover your wallet and your funds will be lost forever. Never share your seed phrase or recovery code with anyone!
Congratulations! Your MetaMask wallet has been set up successfully.
You can now access your wallet by clicking on the MetaMask icon at the top-right-end corner of your preferred browser.
Wallets can be imported to Metamask, even if they were created using another wallet provider. If you already have a wallet that uses a 12-word seed phrase, you can import it into MetaMask. Simply install MetaMask and open the extension. Click Import Wallet and enter your existing seed phrase to import. Once imported, you will be able to access your funds using MetaMask.
Importing a wallet or recovering from back-up is the only time you should ever use your seed phrase. In these cases, the seed phrase should only be entered directly in the wallet software itself, not on any website or to any support staff.
To connect your MetaMask wallet to ShibaSwap, click on the Connect Wallet button in the top-right corner of the ShibaSwap website. Click MetaMask to prompt your MetaMask wallet to connect to ShibaSwap. You will be prompted to enter your password and approve the connection. Once connected, you will be able to use ShibaSwap with your MetaMask wallet.